Do you need to improve your privacy? Have you ever felt insecure on WhatsApp? Want to disable your online status and last read? Here, we’ll discuss on how to set your WhatsApp Privacy Settings correctly.
Many WhatsApp users might have felt insecure once in a while including you which is one of the major reason that why we have to tweak some of our WhatsApp Privacy settings.
How to Change Your WhatsApp Privacy Settings
- Enter the normal WhatsApp app.
- Click on the three dots icon at the top right corner of the app.
- Select settings.
- Click Account.
- Click privacy.
- Click last seen and select nobody.
- Click profile photo then select nobody.
- Click about then select nobody.
- Exclude contacts that you don’t want to see your status.
- Turn off read receipts.
You can turn on anyone you wish to turn on but make sure you turn off your last seen and read receipts to stop contacts from seeing if you’ve read or seen their messages or not.
Also ensure that you are not sharing your live location to anyone. If you want your contacts to think you are offline, avoid updating your status` and replying their messages.
Additional WhatsApp Privacy Settings
- Navigate to the Chat Settings.
- Turn on Keep Chats Archived.
- Turn off Enter is send.
- Change your theme to dark if need be.
Advantages of Changing Your WhatsApp Settings
- You won’t have to reply to all messages.
- People won’t know when you have read their messages.
- You can delete any sent message at any time even if they have read it or after a long time.
- You can delete attachments at any time interval.
- No stress of replying messages that you don’t want to.
- It works well with the Normal WhatsApp app and WhatsApp business.
Disadvantages of Changing Your WhatsApp Settings
- You won’t see other people read receipt.
- People can still see your read receipt on WhatsApp groups or Conversations.
- If you don’t share your Last Seen and Read Receipt with your contacts you won’t be able to see others. This is fair enough.
- Users of WhatsApp variants or Mods APK might still have access to deleted messages, chats and attachments.
- Experienced WhatsApp users may know when you have tweaked these settings.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Is it illegal to tweak my WhatsApp Settings?
It is not illegal and is only for your safety and convenience however, some of your contacts may not like this.